Exchange 2013

Content Indexing failed using Exchange 2013 RTM

I just found a bug in my lab environment and wanted to share the information with you. My lab environment is a small environment that consists of one domain controller (Windows 2008 R2) and two Exchange 2013 RTM servers (based on Windows 2012 Server), these holds both the Mailbox and the CAS role. I found this issue when I was about to do a failover of one of the mailbox databases. It couldn’t be done (without using any additional parameters) because the content indexing was in failed state. When I…

Continue Reading

Exchange 2013, PowerShell

Exchange 2013 script – automatic installation of prerequisites

I’ve updated a script that was intended for installing prerequisites for Exchange 2010 that were released by a couple of peoples (Anderson Patricio, Pat Richard and Bhargav Shukla). This script have now been updated and applies to Exchange 2013. It will help you with installing all prerequisites (features) plus the FilterPack(s) and the Unified Communications Managed API. It also provides the option to disable the UAC (User Access Control) and the Windows Firewall. You can download the script here Feel free to use it as much as you want, I…

Continue Reading